Oakley park, Clontarf

Little Joe

Does anybody have any views on Oakley Park, Clontarf? Currently looking at property in this area. Many thanks.

I almost bought a house there about 10 years ago. I was outbid after some behaviour by the estate agent that left me with a poor view of that 'profession'.

It's a tidy little cul-de-sac, especially if you're around the corner from Vernon Avenue. The houses, IIRC, are, relatively, small but the back gardens are generous, facing west/south-west.

The house we looked at had an odd garage roof - some form of corrugated board which may, or not, have contained asbestos. Also, the (small) bathroom did not have a bath.

The area would have no incidence of anti-social behaviour, that I know of. The immediate neighbours would be a mix of original owners, who would now have grown-up families, and families who have moved there in the last 10/15 years.

The houses are priced at a premium, given their location, i.e. you would get more house for your Euro in a different location.

Close to schools and supermarkets. Close to a good bus service. 15/20 minute walk to Killester DART station. Close to Saint Annes Park & the Bull Island.

Thanks for that. Area appears to be quiet alright and is definitely central to a lot of amenities. I suppose Clontarf does attract a premium. As you mention, houses are relatively small but have potential for extending.

Thanks again, LJ