O2 Arena, Dublin - Nearest drop off area?

Armada

Hi All,

Bringing an elderly person to the O2 tonight and am hoping someone here can suggest the nearest drop off/ pick up point so that long walks can be somewhat avoided

I notice there is an exclusion area around the Arena. I have arranged someone to do the drop off and pick up but I can take the car and park if you think it's a better option. I just need to book car parking there.

All advice and suggestions appreciated.

Best approach tends to be from the direction of East Wall Rd as the quays get really blocked. Parking in the car park at the Point Village (I think it's part of the Gibson Hotel) has worked well for me in the past. Not too much of a walk from there. Enjoy!

Thanks Lauren,

East Link sounds good as I am coming from Ballsbridge direction.

Am I correct in thinking then that I should park in the Point and forget about the drop off?

Anyone know if queues are long at exit time?

Drop off is fine if you get dropped up as far down East Wall Rd as is possible (get's busier obviously the closer you get to the quays). 02 tends to clear pretty quickly so just sit for a few minutes after the event and then stroll out.

sorry just to clarify I've never tried the East Link approach. Approach I'm talking about is from the other direction. I'm assuming most traffic from Southside is coming across the East Link and that could be challenging...

Best spot to drop off if you dont want to go down the quays at all - is York road in Ringsend - then walk across the East link -theres a foot path linking york road to the east link road York Road