NY Airport shuttle Service

hm2605

Hi All,

I'm going to New York on a shopping trip (Yippee!!) in Oct with 5 people. We are flying into JFK and Staying in the New York Helmsey (East 42nd st) and I'm just wondering if anyone has used this service before - http://www.nyairportservice.com/ -

Or if anyone knows another similar service that will pick us up and drop us back to the airport. I haven't been to New York since 98' and we flew to Newark but my sister flew in JFK a few years ago and she hated trying to get cabs in and out of JKF and she is stressing about having to do this again. So I wanted to organize a collect and return type service before we go to clam her down so she can look forward to our trip... Thanks.

Hi All,

I'm going to New York on a shopping trip (Yippee!!) in Oct with 5 people. We are flying into JFK and Staying in the New York Helmsey (East 42nd st) and I'm just wondering if anyone has used this service before - http://www.nyairportservice.com/ -

Or if anyone knows another similar service that will pick us up and drop us back to the airport. I haven't been to New York since 98' and we flew to Newark but my sister flew in JFK a few years ago and she hated trying to get cabs in and out of JKF and she is stressing about having to do this again. So I wanted to organize a collect and return type service before we go to clam her down so she can look forward to our trip... Thanks.

I have been to ny 4 times and used this service every time. Just make sure that if you book a return ticket that you contact them the day before you are leaving to ring them for hotel pick up.

it's really easy to get into the city from the airport. When you get through arrivals, head for the Ground Transportation desk and ask there. They are usually very helpful. A shared ride in a 'minibus' is generally cheaper than a taxi and the more people you have, the lower the price per person is usually.

The Ny airport bus service is 27 dollars return per person. I would say to try and avoid some of these shared minbus things as they usually charge around 40 dollars per person one way.

Landed at JFK last June and took the airport (public) bus in - $15 one way and just as quick as taxi - leaves you at Port Authority bus station so it's handy if you are fairly central around 42nd St.

Should be able to walk to your hotel from there - pack v. light on the way over as coming back you'll be laden down with stuff.

On the way home get two cabs and split them - think these are fixed fare now as well (from Manhattan to JFK).

Just get the return service, you are dropped to your hotel and picked up from it what more could you ask for for 27 dollars??

Hi,

Thanks everyone for the replies. I think I'll book a return trip on one of these services before I go to drop us to the Hotel. I'd have no problem getting a Cab or whatever when I got there but as I said my sister who's coming with me wants something organised before we go. And for $27 we might as well.

No doubt I'll be back with more Q's before we go :)

Hi,

Thanks everyone for the replies. I think I'll book a return trip on one of these services before I go to drop us to the Hotel. I'd have no problem getting a Cab or whatever when I got there but as I said my sister who's coming with me wants something organised before we go. And for $27 we might as well.

Feel free to pm me as have been 4 times.

Hi,

I got this one way and took a cab on the return part as the journey went all over the world before we left the airport. It took over an hour. Taxi on way back took slightly less than an hour eventhough there was a fair bit of traffic. Think it was 45 bucks plus tip.

The last time I was in NY, there were lots guys waiting outside arrivals, claiming to be taxi firms.

Are these guys leggit, or am I best finding the queue of Yellow Cabs?

Thanks

K

No they are not legit ... read the signs all over the airport ;)

The only legit taxis (and there's loads of them) are the ones that are on the official taxi rank outside .. same as all airports pretty much anywhere ignore the taxi touts and head for the rank :)

Tell your sister to stop being silly and not to worry about organising anything before ye go. It's as straightforward as you can get.

Head out of the arrivals to the yellow cab queue. This is more or less straight across the road from the arrivals exit door. Ignore the people asking you if you want a cab outside the door. They are not licensed so just head across the road.

There will be a guy to direct you there. As there are 5 of ye the most it will cost is $15 each to get to anywhere in Manhattan, this will include tips and tolls.

It will cost the same returning. Just make sure you tell the taxi guy that you want the fixed fare to JFK.

Seriously. It's not difficult to do and you are only going to be making more hassle for yourself trying to get buses etc. before you go and they are a rip off anyway for groups.

Your sister worries too much ;)

The fare is fixed at $45 from JFK to anywhere in Manhattan...avoid the guys who approach you as you leave the airport and head straight for the yellow cabs. A cab is the best option...and more or less the same price.

I've always taken the train and subway to get to the city from the airport!! a lot cheaper than any of the options listed above and just as much a part of the experience!!

Back