Nutters in Knock

Purple

Should the [broken link removed] just be rounded up and put on a small Island off the coast somewhere?

I often think the Police should watch the X factor to round up similarly delusioned people.

John Tunney from Castlebar should probably make an appointment with his optician to get his retinas checked for damage.

Why aren't Met Eireann simply contacted so that they can confirm that absolutely nothing out of the ordinary occurred in relation to the sun and that therefore, yes, this lot are a bunch of sad, needy loolahs?

Nutters ? Careful now Purple, that could be construed as offensive to the more pious amongst us !!

If this happened in the deepest darkest jungles of South America we would be watching it on National Geo and referring to "rituals of primitive people".
We've already had loolahs in Rathkeale flocking to a tree stump and now this. They are all mad.

Yvonne Rabbitte, from Dunmore, Co Galway, showed other pilgrims a photograph she had taken on her digital camera which showed vivid rays radiating downwards from the sun at the time the image was taken.

Rays radiating from the sun! Whatever next?

Raindrops proving to be wet?
Moving clouds?
Dry spells between the showers?

Sure as long as they're happy and no one is ripping them off then what harm.

Not so long ago EVERYONE believed in an apparition that also turned out to be false (property bubble, FF, we're all gonna be rich forever etc. ;-) )

I dont claim to have religious faith but I gather that for those who do it is a source of comfort and a force for good in their lives.

Now, assuming they're with a legit church that isnt ripping them off or controlling their minds, maybe they're as well off believing.

If 5,000 stand in a field and feel better after it, whether they thought they saw something or not, then how bad?

I wouldnt say they are nutters, more easily led/gullible/curious but despite how odd it seems to the rest of us, it might be doing them some good. They might get something from the prayathon that they didnt get from the stationary statue, stump, apparition etc.

Sounds like a more bizarre Father Ted episode.

Are there lots of people there wearing "I shot JR" t-shirts?

They're not doing any harm to anybody and they went there of their own free will. Many people over the years have spoken about experiences they have had at places like Ballinspittle, Melleray Grotto etc which have changed their lives and who are we to doubt.

...Many people over the years have spoken about experiences they have had at places like Ballinspittle, Melleray Grotto etc which have changed their lives and who are we to doubt.

Hmmm... reminds me of Freuds quote about the Irish ...

"This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."

... Many people over the years have spoken about experiences they have had at places like Ballinspittle, Melleray Grotto ....
Craggy Island, The Twilight Zone, LaLa Land, The Night Garden,
... etc which have changed their lives and who are we to doubt.

I was in Cape Cod a couple of weeks ago and it reminded me of Knock....except with Clams instead of This post will be deleted if not edited immediately.

Well I would argue that they are harming the image of this country and that they are an embarrassment.

Mostly I hope, more rational beings.

No they are not an embarrassment. You obviously feel every religious order in the world is an embarassment but everyone should be free to practice their religion without such prejudices.