Nutgrove, Dublin 14, Mountainview Park

P

Puschkin

Hi,

I looked at a house there on Saturday and was wondering what the area is like to live for a single person. These houses seem to be old council houses and I was wondering if there is much anti social behaviour going on or if it is a reasonable area to live in as the house prices in that street seem to be very low compared ot other surrounding areas.

Thanks,
Puschkin

It used to be called holylands and had a reputation but I'd think it's fairly quiet nowadays

Yes, Holylands used to have a 'reputation' some years ago. The usual problem of a handful of families giving the whole area a bad name. I have heard things have much improved. It might be worth calling in to Rathfarnam Garda Station and asking is there much of a problem with anti-social behaviour there these days.

Grew up near there and it was definitely one of the problem areas in Dublin 14 when I was younger. It seems much better now than in the past but I'd still say it would have a bit more anti social activity than the surrounding areas. Hence why houses are so much cheaper there than any of the nearby estates. Maybe ask the Guards as the previous poster suggests.