ntl's unexpected outage last night

hansov

No broadband at home last night or this morning before I went to work due to what the ntl operator called an "unexpected outage". Anybody in the Lucan area experience the same last night and more importantly if you did, is the broadband back today?

Re: ntl's uxexpected outage last night

Hi hansov,
No problem with the broadband, but our ntl digital was out of order on sunday night from bout 7pm. couldnt understand it as BB was fine. Came back on by itself tues morn b4 i got a chance to call them. Probably related to your problem? (also in the lucan area)

Bit the bullet and called them :eek: and surprisingly wasn't too long waiting!!Apparently there's a (ntl) power supply problem in my area of Lucan and was not given a timeframe of when it will be sorted. They mustn't have paid the leccy bill by direct debit :D I must add also that while we had cable TV last night, the picture quality was dreadful.

My broadband was not working last night in Lucan last night either. Wonder whats going on with that? Luckily I use a linksy router and receiver and some foolish neighbour hasn't bothered to put on security on there router so I was able to surf away no problem ha ha

My NTL hasn't been working since Sunday. I rang them last night and they said they would have an Engineer out on 5th April 07. Three weeks without service? I wonder will they take it out of my bill. what a joke!

Just in case... have you turned everything off and on (in this sequence - modem wait for all lights to stabilise, router wait for signal to stabilise and then computer)? I found that the modem had to be re-booted like this when my ntl came back. Good luck!

Deisce - get the engineer to give you a form to register that your service has been out and it is meant to then be deducted from your bill. we have had no service since Jan as they have three times now booked in the wrong appointment dates. they were meant to come today and when we rang to confirm - was just told "nope the date was never logged" . NTL are the WORST company ever for customer service. only morons work for them.

Back