NTL wireless problem

cloughy

I have renently started to have a problem with my NTL BB wireless, when I turn on the computer it is not picking up the wireless connection, so when I open IO the pages are not available, I phones NTL support and they told me to disconnect the wireless modem completely and then plug in again and then try, and hey presto it worked, but whenever I log off the computer I have to do this again each time to access the internet.

Anyone else experienced this issue and if so any solution,

Happens to me the odd time I simply reboot the Wireless (netgear) and normally starts working again.

My NTL wireless runs through a Belkin router and receiver (didn't get it wireless from NTL), the is a belkin software application that shows the signal strength etc, i just refresh if it hasn't picked up.

Luckycharm - when you say you reboot the wireless, what exactly do you do, do you just unplug it or is there a proper way to reboot the netgear wireless modem?

signal strength is good, but just doesn't recognise the wireless connection until it is plugged out and in again.

My NTL setup is is Modem > WiFi Router > PC

Everytime I turn on the modem I get a different IP from NTL. If I turn on the Router before the modem it tries to conect to NTL using the previous IP not the old one. So i need to turn on the modem, then the Router, then the PC. I also had problem where I couldn't get connection for ages after the modem being off for a while. So these days I leave the modem and router on 24/7 and don't have connection problems.

You need to work out and monitor what IP your equipment is using. That will point to what the problem is.

Back