NTL: Useless

K

Keentoinvest

For anyone who cares to do a study on useless customer service try NTL? Whoever runs their customer service department should be banished to a leper colony for their sins.

I called customer service to get a technician out, was told i would have to be in the house between 1 and 6pm. No-one turned up, no-one apologised and nothing is being done about it. When I called a week later I was told that my query would be passed on to a team to handle it and that I cannot get in touch with them.

I asked would they be in touch today and they said they didnt know and that i could not get in touch with them.

Half day wasted and after a number of calls no more the wiser

Just Imagine all the broadband money I would have given them. I dont see why they couldnt have rolled out cable internet years ago especially where I am in the centre of the capital how difficult can it be ? They are not competing in so many different ways.

I spent four months trying to get Eircom to fix my broadband. About a dozen phone calls, hours on hold and e-mails from work and they still couldn't get an engineer out. In the end I gave up and moved everything to BT.

Thats exactly my point . its not like the bar was raised high for NTL. I rang NTL in 2003 to ask them when I d get cable internet in my area as I already have the coaxial cable entering my house. They told me in 6 months time .. its 2007 and I still dont have it!

I have the opposite experience of NTL, have always had a tech out with three days who have turned up and resolved the issue, installation was three days after i rang looking for the service and i always get discounted if my service is down for the period of the Outage.

What's the alternative, get a Landline or Overpriced Wireless. I recently moved to a Chorus area, both UPC Companies, install again was in two days and needed to tech visits and broadband was still not working, in the end i had to fix it myself as there tech didn't have a clue so i know where your comming from.

What don't you call pretending to be a new customer renting the house and see if that changes anything.

Back