NTL Technicians- do they ever show up?

Luckycharm

This has happened before when you have a problem with your NTL and a technician is supposed to turn up. Today a technician is supposed to show up between 1 and 5 so my wife stays in all day waiting for them. Ring at 4.30pm to find out where they are - get told by NTL he called at 1.35pm. Told him No he didn't as there were 2 cars outside all day and never left the house - no card was dropped in and no Technician bothered their hole to phone. If they had called they would have seen quickly enough we were there.
Now no one can come till next Tues and this seems to happen nearly every time I have needed a technician and NTL seem to do nothing about it

Their support may be terrible but assuming you are looking for a large panoply of channels, the only real alternative is Sky's satellite offering, the only real question from the point of view of the user, is "is NTL's support any worse or better than Sky's ?"

Costwise it's about the same, channels are more or less the same, (OK, you need to be allowed to stick up a dish ...)

My ntl technicians recently showed up..to install a point upstairs, but with no ladder. Tweedledum went off to get a ladder off another crew, whilst Tweedledee made himself a cup of tea and sat down in my sitting room and changed channel to watch a soap. I kid you not. I was speechless.

I moved into a house in Kildare recently and it had NTL boxes installed with NTL welcome letters asking to ring for connection, 3 weeks after I was still channelless.

In the end I went with Sky, and although Ive heard some stories about them, they turn up on time, customer services are fine and service is generally great. But I could be just lucky!

Avoid NTL!!! But isnt Chorus/NTL the same company now? so options are really limited

NTL have a base in Tallaght in the Broomhill Industrial Estate, the simple reason they don't turn up is that their vans always seem to be there, it's like a white van drivers convention out there some mornings. They've no shortage of vans

I once sat at home waiting for them to arrive, and suffered a "no show". They said they could no find my house ( i live on a terrace in Phibsboro). I was a bit puzzled, when you think that they managed to lay the cables and the bill aways finds my house without fail!

Ive had to call them out twice over the last year. I asked they call first to make sure I would have someone in the house. Both times they rang first as per instruction, they subsequently showed up within the given time-window and they fixed whatever they had to fix.

Just my experiences.