NTL signal in Lucan

Green

Does anybody else have problems with their television reception from NTL in Lucan, mine is poor, could hardly see Liverpool match the other night...Channel 4 is particularly bad too..or maybe its just a ploy to get us all to go digital?

It could be due to some interference from another electrical appliance, Computer, Sub woofer etc near the NTL cable. Unplug items to see if that works

I live in Leixlip and had many rows with NTL about reception which at times is appalling-I eventually stopped their direct debit and deducted about 10 Euro from the next bill.I told them I would not allow them continue taking money from my account regardless.Since then reception has been good.
I may interest you to know that there seems to be a lot of NTL activity in Lucan/Leixlip area recently.They have layed new cable on the old road and yestrday I saw 3 NTL vans in my estate and personnel walking up and down looking at houses-so something is afoot-who knows broadband/phones/HD tv in the near future?

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking about a signal booster but are they just gimmicks or do they actually work?

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking about a signal booster but are they just gimmicks or do they actually work?
I tried various things over time-including signal booster-a waste of money-in fact u can have mine!.I was often surprised by NTL guy when he called who would tell me our signal was too strong-and trying to boost a strong signal only makes in worse.
The fact of the matter with NTL is their older network is creaking and needs re-cabling etc-this now seems to be happening-have a chat with their service guys its enlightening-your only option is to get them out.