NTL Service time.

battyee

I have been a subcriber to NTL's most expensive digital package (including movies sky sports etc.). Yesterday morning the system broke down & I rang for a serviceman to come out asap. After a wait of almost 15 minutes before getting through to "service dept." the earliest time they could provide an engineer was 6 days later & even then they could not guarantee that & would ring to confirm next week. Needless to say they do not refund or make allowance for the period that I am without TV.
Is this normal from NTL or has anyone had a good experience to relate ?

I had the same experience as you NTL are an absolute dissgrace

Even when they say they will call bewteen 9 and 1 he may not turn up till 2!

I've had a similar experience with NTL where they say they will call and then dont. Also, they give you no compensation for the day off that you have to take. Also, It is difficult to get through to a supervisor too.. At least, I have manged to get 3 months free rental from them in the last 10!! you should insist on this ..at least...

Same thing with me usually have to wait 10 days and thats after spending 20 minutes trying to get through on the phone.

I'm afraid i've had the oposite experience as you guys, ok i know it takes a while to get answered but they have always refunded me for days my service was out, i did ask for this though and i had an engineer within 3 or 4 days most times,

Thanks Ryan-Neil for some reassurance on NTL. I will let you know the outcome when they eventually restore the service but even 3 or 4 days is too long to be without TV.

Battyee - we had such bad service from NTL we cancelled our digital subscription with them and went to SKY.

We kept the cable for UTV and Channel 4 - and even then we were disconnected by mistake a couple of months ago. They meant to disconnect next door. Got some credit but I lost umpteen days annual leave waiting for a service guy over the 7 or so years we were with them, and when we got digital it had a habit of going off in the middle of important matches!!

So no thanks, cable only from NTL for us!

Service man did turn up as arranged & got my digital channels working but he didn't know how to link the NTL box to my DVD recorder.His call took about 10 minutes & he seemed to be in a hell of a rush to finish.He said that I "need to get a TV engineer in or study the DVD manual to make the connections work through the NTL box". The DVD recorder works fine on another set so it is ok but not where signal is routed through the digital system. The bottom line on all this means that after waiting almost a week for NTL to call out I now have to employ a TV engineer if I want to link up my DVD.
Not best pleased with NTL.
Has anyone else had such an experience?

I have had 2 appointments where the service engineer fail to turn up
D15 had a failure a month agao and the BB has been irregular since
NTL have a problem and won't admit it
Instead they log calls give appointments and don't send any 1 out

Back