NTL MMDS Questions

CCOVICH

Just goy a flyer for NTL MMDS, seems better value than when I enquired at around this time last year.

I know I need an aerial of some sort to be able to receive this, can anyone tell me what size this is, and where it is usually located. We have a 2nd floor (4 floors in our block) apartment with 2 balconies, has anyone got an aerial fitted in similar circumstances?
Even better if someone can send me with a PM with a link to a picture (I tried Google, but not much success).

Cheers.

I have an NTL aerial attached to the chimney of my house, its about 5 foot tall with a square mesh (and associated amplifier) attached.It's strapped onto the chimney breast and the cable is fed down the roof to the outside box.

The reception is excellent and there is a good selection of channels. I heard stories about their customer service being bad/slow to respond etc but haven't had the need to use them much (yet!)

I can take a piccy and email to you tomorrow if you can wait that long?

stobear said:
I have an NTL aerial attached to the chimney of my house, its about 5 foot tall with a square mesh (and associated amplifier) attached.It's strapped onto the chimney breast and the cable is fed down the roof to the outside box.

The reception is excellent and there is a good selection of channels. I heard stories about their customer service being bad/slow to respond etc but haven't had the need to use them much (yet!)

I can take a piccy and email to you tomorrow if you can wait that long?

Cheers Stobear. Tomorrow is plenty of time. The aerial you've described doesn't sound suitable for our set up. I wonder if they have different aerials depending on how close you are to a transmitter?

I am not sure what alternatives they offer, maybe they could just attach the actual aerial piece (the mesh) and loose the metal pole to a spot on the balcony? It's not that big. You could try giving them a call and see what they say.

Update, found a picture here of what is an almost identical aerial to the NTL ones

stobear said:
I am not sure what alternatives they offer, maybe they could just attach the actual aerial piece (the mesh) and loose the metal pole to a spot on the balcony? It's not that big. You could try giving them a call and see what they say.

Update, found a picture here of what is an almost identical aerial to the NTL ones

Cheers for that. By the looks of it, a dish might be a tidier option for a balcony. I'll give them a call at some stage anyway.

Back