NTL MMDS - installation

Josey Wales

Hi,

I'm are getting NTL's MMDS service installed in our house next week. I was hoping to find someone who has had NTL out to their house.

In our house there are two TV connection points, at least there is a cover on the wall that looks like a connection point goes there. I was wondering what way NTL install the wires. Would they be able to connect their wires in through these connection points or would they need to drop a cable down the side of the house and drill through the wall?

I was hoping the wires are already set up and any TV company can get them active, as this seems like a preferable option than drilling holes in the wall.

Cheers.

The MMDS comes down from the chimney/external wall to a box under the telly so I cant see how they wont drill but ask them when they come out.
I believe you can get at most a second box off the MMDS but the signal gets too weak after that.
There other options like getting signal senders but youd have to watch whats on the main one. capiche?

if ur house is prewired with exisiting tv points its like that NTL will connect the aerial up in the attic to the tv wiring...thats the way it was done in my house when we had MMDS

We have MMDS with three points in the house and no loss of signal. However, as with anything with NTL is all depends. The first guy who installed points 1 and 2 had to run seperate wires from the aerial for each point. Second guy about 12 months later was amazed to see such a configuration and was able to run the third point from an NTL junction box (house was wired for cable)

Re: NTL MMDS - hardware removal

Slightly off the topic. We changed from NTL MMDS almost a year ago, to sky. Since then, Ive called/emailed, I don't know, 10 times maybe, to ask them to take back their hardware (the box and the spatula on the roof).
We're doing a big job in our house in a few weeks time and demolishing part of the roof. Do we just dump the exqipment? I know of one person who received a letter 12 months after they ended their contract asking for €70 as their equipment has not been returned.
Tks.

Re: NTL MMDS - hardware removal

I got a letter from them bout 6 - 9 months after i left them looking for their equipment and monies if it wasn't given back within 2 weeks...
just keep a record of any communication to back up your story and inform them that unless they collect within a certain period of time that you are going to dispose of the equipment

Back