NTL dropping CNBC for more sitcoms

Grizzly

I have a basic piped T.V. package with NTL. I find that there is enough entertainment in the main RTE, BBC, UTV stations to keep me entertained even to the extent of having to tape some programmes that overlap each other. NTL also provided CNBC the only business channell on pipe. I switch on CNBC yesterday to find that it has been replaced with a new channell called living T.V. yet another entertainment station that seems to be showing repeats of repeated U.S. sitcom type programmes. Having just renewed my yearly subscription to NTL I feel annoyed that CNBC has been dropped without warning but is now only available on pay extra digital. Can NTL do something like this without warning to their subscribers. Have we not got enough of US sitcom TV stations? Any thoughts?

Re: NTL dropping CNBC for more sitcoms.

I was watching CNBC briefly yesterday evening and also only have basic NTL package. As Channel 6 was added last week some of the stations have moved around and I had to retune MTV, CNBC and Setanta sports in.

E-mail them and get family and friends to do the same.

They did the same with Eurosport.

I guess there is a bigger audience for US comedy & whodunnit repeats than for US market analysis. There is in my house.

Don't NTL etc. reserve the right to "vary the choice of channels" without warning etc?

CCOVICH said:
Don't NTL etc. reserve the right to "vary the choice of channels" without warning etc?

That's fair enough but when they changed MTV to channel 6 we got 2 weeks warning.

Currently on Living TV - 'Charmed'. So now we can watch it on 4 different channels.

What are the non-NTL alternatives - when does the BBC satellite come out?

Highlighted today on www.radiotimes.com as worth watching ..

Significant Others
9:30pm - 10:00pm
Living TV

"Living TV should give themselves a smug slap on the back for trawling through the bargain basement of US sitcom tat and picking out this sharp, improvised series about four married couples in therapy. Their problems are standard wedlock fodder - fear of parenthood, feeling intimidated by a partner's sexual past, and so on. It's not Curb-good, so Larry David won't lose sleep over its arrival, but comedy bloodhounds snuffling around Living tonight may pick up the scent of cult success. "

Living also had the post-Friends Lisa Kudrow vehicle, Comeback, which was good.

FWIW I am not against channels showing repeats of programmes that have already been screened on other channels. Some of us didn't catch them first time around. I'm currently getting started with My Name is Earl on Channel 6 and Lost Series 1 on E4.

You might get lucky!-lots of Larry Sanders SEinfeld.BTW,does anybody know how I can get to see "Curb Your Enthusiasm"-I hear great things about it!

TarfHead said:
Highlighted today on www.radiotimes.com as worth watching ..

Significant Others
9:30pm - 10:00pm
Living TV

Definitely worth watching, except that it clashes with The Sopranos.

[Rant]
B$%^&y RTE !

OK, fair dues for getting first call on Series 6 but I had to tape it last week as I was out of town but when I checked the tape the first 15 minutes of what I had taped was Sean Moncrieff doing some text-vote rubbish so my taping of the best programme on Tv didn't work.

Godd old BitTorrent - I now have a copy of S06E01 on the PC which I can watch, without being bothered by ads or that annoying Millers insert.
[/Rant]

Back