Ntl - do they listen?

hansov

Just really wondering about ntl's customer service. I know that we trash this one to death here and elsewhere! My broadband (in the Lucan area) has been down the past two days, so too has my neighbour's. TV signal has not been that great either. Reported the fault to ntl but they had to make an appointment for a service engineer to call. Now I tell them that it is not a specific problem to my house but for neighbouring houses as well and they won't listen. So I have to be at my house next Tuesday from 9.00 to 1.00 to admit the engineer. Hey lads, I have to work to pay the bills, such as ntl bills:rolleyes: Any askaboutmoney members work in ntl? If so then, perhaps a quick look at the signal in the Tandy's Lane area would save me a half-day off work!

you would think that someone at management level in NTL would be reading here or board.ie or other forums where the service levels are getting a good kicking and perhaps try and do something about it.

maybe they should move some of thier marketing people into the service dept. the amout of flyers / unsolicited mail / newspapers inserts i get from them is remarkable. some of that in your face spirit would go a long way in the service dept.

Mmmnn, after no broadband service for almost a month we've just cancelled our NTL services too, moving TV to Sky and probably Telephone/Broadband to BT. Since January of this year I've had more problems with NTL than I wish to remember, any time I did contact someone senior in there they did act very quick but it's terrible that you have to do that to get a fast, reliable service.

i knew a team leader that used to work for them in thier customer service dept and he told me it was common practice to put people on hold until they hung up!!...hey if thats what your dealing with......

Just to finish this story. I reported the fault, Wednesday and so too did a few of my neighbours. On Thursday, mrs. hansov read them the Riot Act :eek: and they retorted that we were the only complainant. Oh dear - they thought they had heard the Riot Act until she started with Act 2 :D . When she asked did Mr. so and so of no (so and so) report a fault, and mrs XY of no. (abc) and mr DFE from no. (ABCD) they suddenly discovered that four or five others in our estate had reported the fault. Hey guys, even four year old can join dots! :eek: Thursday night an engineer was promised to look into it, Friday morning modem still flashing no connection,another phone call and hey presto not only is the broadband working again on Friday afternoon, but the TV reception is better than it was before. Lesson for again (and I am sure that there will be an 'again') to everybody. Three people have to report a fault if the fault is an area one, for them to act quickly :rolleyes: . So if your ntl reception/broadband goes down talk to your neighbours and get them also to dial 1800 321 321 from NOTE: 9AM to 10 PM :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Oh and yes I will get to work a full day tomorrow as I won't have to stay in to meet the nice man from ntl ;)

Usual story with Ireland today, to get anywhere you have to resort to becoming aggressive and documenting when you called, why you called who you spoke to leading to ten calls later when you're no further along than you were a the start, but if you didnt pay your bill what would happen?!
"Hello Mr. Bullbars I'm contacting you about an unpaid Bill"
"Ah yes the bill I got for the thing that doesnt work apart from the box getting sightly warm & gently heating the area around the tv.Here's me thinking you forgot about me ..tell you what the cheque is here and I'll give it to the engineer when the repairs are done...by the way I've saved you the hassle of pro-rata-ing the total by taking out the two months nothing worked"

Back