NTL Digital

J

jenolan

Hi,

I live in Greystones where I'm told I can only get Digital and have to have a decoder box in order to get anything other than RTE and 2. This means that for every TV i want to be able to watch these other channels on I have to rent a decoder from NTL. Is it possible to do anything here, remember the good ol days when NTL came and put in a cablelink box and you could link as many telly's as you wanted

That's still the case. Check out [broken link removed].

I am an ntl Digital customer and the signal can be split to more than one TV.
You are, of course, limited to the channel that the Digiital box is tuned to. Comparing this aspect of it to the old analog co-ax product is like comparing apples and oranges - they're different technologies.

The cable comes in at the front of the house and daisy-chains from digital box to VCR to co-ax splitter. One of these feeds the TV in the same room while the other feeds the TV in the kitchen which can receive all (16 ?) analog channels as well as whatever the digital box/VCR is set to.

ntl

It's a bit rich of NTL to call their service "Multiroom Viewing" - "you can watch an analog channel in one room while watching digital in another room" - talk about making a disadvantage of digital sound like a service offering! When and if analog goes, people are suddenly going to wake up and realise that they can't just watch UTV while recording BBC at the same time. Unless of course, they come up with a way of splitting digital signals by then??

Back