NTL Digital TV. Is it €5 or €10 extra per month?

GeneralZod

There's currently a radio ad saying for an extra €5 per month NTL will give you digital TV. Their web site says it is €10 per month.

Is this just marketing different prices to different audiences or have they not updated the web site or did I just hear the ad wrong?

I thought that the ad on the radio that mentions the fiver was for Chorus?!

It is NTL. I rang them up to enquire and apparently the €5 package is a 'sampler' of their main €10 offering, with only about half the number of channels on offer. Unfortunately most of the channels I would be interested in aren't included in the €5 package e.g. some of the National Geographic and Discovery channels.

Yeah, until now they haven't really plugged the fiver offer — the idea is to get you on digital and then you'll upgrade your channel package. The ones included in the €5 package are fairly sh¡te alright.

Ok, I was curious about this offer too (no info on ntl site - what's that about?) so I called NTL who couldn't/wouldn't list the channels available under the €5 a month offer so they posted me out a list. Here it is: RTE 1 RTE 2 TV3 TG4 BBC1 BBC2 BBc3 BBC4 UTV Channel 4 E4 Paramount Comedy Sky One Sky One Max Reality TV Full On Entertainment E4+1 ITV News Sky News EuroNews CNBC BBC News 24 Bloomberg Television Discovery Channel Discovery Channel +1 hour BBC World Setanta Sports Sky Sports News Extreme Sports Channel QVC Travel Shop TV The Den Nickelodeon CBBC Cbeebies MTV The Amp Fashion TV UKTV Bright Ideas The Music Factory Flaunt Scuzz EWTN TV5 ... so there you have it.