NTL digital receiver and TV getting very hot...

Petal

I recently noticed that the TV and the NTL digital receiver box do get quite hot. Is this usual at all or might there be a problem with the wiring? I had the house rewired very recently so all the wiring is new (and certified). I have them somewhat close to a radioator, but surely that can't be the cause for them to heat up?

All advice greatly appreciated!

Is the socket they're plugged into getting hot, some electrical items (mobile phone chargers for example) can get very hot. I'd do either off plug them in somewhere else and see if they get hot or plug something else into the socket.
Very unlikely both items are faulty? Although certain LCD tv's need a minimun air flow behind them...
If you're in anyway wary of the wiring get the electrician to come back and check the wiring.

Just checked the sockets, they're nice and cool. Maybe the TV is not getting enough air, but the digital box certainly does (it's one of those small standard grey ones). Is there any way that one would make the other go hot? Sorry if these are stupid questions, electricity was never my forte!

Back