NTL Digital & DVD Recorder

Jildy

When I try to tune my NTL Digital into my Pioneer DVD Recorder, only the 14 Analog channels are picked up...

Has anybody else come across this??
How do I rectify it ??

Thanks in advance.

Jildy.

The dvd recorder will only pick up the analog channels. To get the digital you connect it (via scart) to a spare input on the DVD recorder and then select that input whenever you want to record the digital channel - but you can only record the digital channel that the digibox is currently set to.

The NTL cable from the wall has two cables. One is the basic 15 channel cable - plug that into the ariel in connection on the dvd recorder. The other cable is the digital signal - plug that into the NTL digital box arial in. Then connect a scart cable out of the NTL box into a scart in connection on the DVD recorder. Then set your DVD recorder to scan the channels. I think I also had to set a setting in the DVD recorder setup menu to be able to recognise the digital signal.

Yes, but the DVD recorder will only find ONE digital signal - it will not find "all the digital channels" just the one that is selected on the NTL digibox.

As far as I know, the MMDS service sends only the digital signals to the NTL box - there is no separate signal for the 15 analogue channels (i.e. the one that you can put straight into the Aerial In socket on your TV or DVD recorder etc.). The non-MMDS service from NTL gives you the separate signal but is only available in certain areas.

You need to connect the NTL box to the DVD Recorder with a scart lead, then connect the DVD recorder to the TV with another scart lead.

You need to connect the NTL box to the DVD Recorder with a scart lead, then connect the DVD recorder to the TV with another scart lead.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried that but it didn't work. I don't think there is a problem with the scart leads themselves as they work on other equipement. I suppose there could be a problem with the NTL box itself.

No I also had this problem some months ago-its a Lite-On DVD recorder- I eventually got it to recognise the NTL box-after hours of trying-by reading a certain section of the manual over and over until the penny dropped.
Will look later and see if I can remember how I did it.

Not familiar with your recorder but this info might help.
If your manual has a section called Channel Editor-take a good read of it.On mine there is a section for Setting up the Decoder.Here u can turn on channels not found during scanning.
Basically u select the next channel after the found analogue channels-in my case it is Channel 15.Then if u can find it on yours-go into the Channel Editor and select Set Decoder.Of course make sure the NTL box is on and that connections are correct.Worked for me.

Back