NTL Digital - anybody experiencing issues over the last few weeks

biggerry

I got NTL Digital installed sometime last year and am happy with it.

However, I've noticed that in the past couple of weeks that I keep getting a message displayed on the TV saying that the card isn't inserted correctly. I just take it out and put it back in and things work OK.

When I do this now I get another message saying I'm not subscribed to the particular channel (which is part of basic digital package). It's gone to the stage where I now have to power down the digital box. This works, but is not very popular with the kids.

I've also noticed that sometimes the picture "freezes" for about 1 second and then comes back to normal.

I've tried calling NTL support, but I'd say I've a better chance of getting through to George Bush!

Has anybody experienced anything similar to what I'm getting? How did you resolve it?

i had the same problem yesterday with the card i took it out and put it back in and then it said I'm not subscribed to Rte1 after a while it came back

We've had similar problems over the past while too. As well as that ,sometimes the remote won't change the channels (even when we've put new batteries in!)
Try pressing the yellow button when in the help menu ...it resets it and normally works for us

I had this problem a while back and called NTL out to fix it as it was happening every day. They replaced the box, then found there was a loose connection in the apartment complex control box somewhere.
Not sure which actually fixed the problem but I haven't had the error since.
I'd definitely give them a call and make them service it.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll try calling their support number again. Hopefully somebody will answer this time.

I had similar problems which gradually got worse. It was fixed by them replacing the connection box on the wall.
Of course to do this, I had to wait on the line for 15 minutes for them to answer and then make an appointment for 10 days hence for a service guy to come out.

Back