NTL Broadband & Digital TV, Dublin 12

philcsl

I got a call from NTL today offering a deal on broadband & digital TV, 4mb for €30 and digital TV for €5. They are giving 1st 3 mths BB at 6mb and first 6 mths digital for free, 12 mth contract. Seems like a good deal so I took it.

- Does anybody have NTL broadband, is it reliable/fast? She said the contention ratio is 17:1 but has anybody used it or how do you find it?

- We have a Sky digibox for recording for Sky digital, does this work with NTL digital?

- Does anybody know what channels you get as standard on NTL digital, is the same 16 as you get on normal cable or do you get any extra ones?

The lady who called me did not have any info that she could email/post me on the offer and there's nothing on their website (I actually took her number and called her back before I gave my bank details to be sure it wasn't a scam). If anybody has taken up this offer I'd appreciate any feedback good or bad as I do not need a landline and Irish BB was not available at my house.

NTL broadband is generally well thought of-the main problem appears to be that it is not widely available.

There is no equaivalent of Sky + for NTL-you may be able to buy a HDD DVD recorder and do something similar, but NTL don't provide anything like this in Ireland AFAIK.

You get loads more channnels - pretty much the same as are available on Sky and, like Sky, you need to pay extra for Sky Movies and Sports; if you want them.

Their broadband has been very reliable for me in the three years I've had it.

Phil we've had NTL Digital since May in our house in Dublin 12 and had it previous to that in our last house as well. It's not given us any problems and we have it both downstairs and in the bedroom - we love it! There's loads of channels to choose from and I think it's ok value - €64.99 every two months...

Dont' have broadband so can't comment on that.

HTH

M

We took up the NTL offer earlier this year. No complaints with the broadband service at all. We opted for the broadband max for the 'free' period.

The 6mth digital pkg is 'digital select' so you don't get all the extra channels (eg you get More4 but not More4+1) , but there is still a good selection, & of course all the basic (18) channels are there.

Thanks for all the replies guys, its reassuring to see it is all good feedback, I was a bit wary at first as it was such a good deal. Cheers!

Back