ntl broadband - anybody have mail difficulties

hansov

Perhaps it's just my machine. Throughout the day yesterday, I had difficulty connecting to the ntl mail server. My broadband is fine just connecting to the mail server seems to be the problem. Am I alone (if so I must sort the problem whatever it is) or is there a ntl problem?

Aha! Just for anybody who was having the same difficulties as me. The migrated their server yesterday and this probably caused the problem. More information here:

Did you get it sorted? I am running Thunderbird for my mail and while I can change the incoming server I am having major difficulties changing the outgoing server to smtp.upcmail.ie. Anybody using Thunderbird tht might be able to give me a steer?

Okay sorted it. It wasn't a Thunderbird problem after all - ntl usernames used to be customer@ntlworl.ie and when you logged in through your email program your username was customer. Now your username is the full email address ie customer@upcmail.ie. This information may be useful to others and may save hours of hair pulling!!

haven't sorted mine yet. thanks for the info, it might be useful to me..