ntl box acting up

Jethro

I got one of the new silver Pace digiboxes from ntl a few weeks back after my old box gave up the ghost. A few times recently the box has decided to stop receiving signals and the screen simply goes black. I have to unplug it and reboot to get it working again.

Anyone else had/having this problem?

I'm approaching the end of my tether with ntl. They seem to be getting worse. Quite a few friends at work are experiencing long delays with them too. I feel Sky beckoning me...

Do a search for the specific make/model and see if there are any known problems with these and maybe any firmware upgrades that might address known problems.

I have to agree here, I have had nothing but trouble with ntl. It seems something goes wrong at least once a week and there customer service is absolute dung. I hjad to wait 1 hour 15 mins once to get through.
I feel sky beckoning too........

Do a search for the specific make/model and see if there are any known problems with these and maybe any firmware upgrades that might address known problems.

I'll do that. How do firmware upgrades get loaded on these boxes, and how do I know what firmware version they are running? Is it all controlled by ntl?

Thanks.