NTL and LCD tv

S

swordshead

I know its cheeky but i have plugged the ntl cable into the back of my telly and its working fine i.e free of charge. Not all stations are there but itll do for awhile before i register for an account! It works fine on the little 15" tv i have but when i plug it into the big lcd nothing comes through!Any ideas why it would work on the small one and not on the large?

Newer television's have a special intelligence chip in them that can detect if their owner has not signed up to a service provider, and will therefore block any signal from coming through.

Ah ok! Figures..the little telly i have is ancient!!Thanks..will have to sign up so :p (i was going to anyway..but seein as it was free and all haha)!!

I hope you have a television licence also because your TV will be able to detect that too.

you better do it quick before your television sends the message to the TV Licence office.

Newer television's have a special intelligence chip in them that can detect if their owner has not signed up to a service provider, and will therefore block any signal from coming through.
Are they the new sets that won't let you channel hop when the ads come on?

I saw them on special offer last April 1st.

What? You cant change channels when the ads come on???Thats ridiculous!

Its one of the new EU regulations which the Norweigan (I think) commissioner Mr Flor Pilao introduced. Its part of the whole Digital switchover and is designed to ensure that advertising on tv continues.

is this for real!!!!

Back