NTL - always on line ?

darraghdog

Hi folks,
In Febuary I have signed up for an NTL package. I think it's the 39.99/month which is always on line. I use this for working from home. Over the last two or three months, I have had about 3 to 5 breakdowns (I can't actualy remember), which meant losing about 2 days access each time.
I would like to check if other people have similar experiences, or am I just unlucky.
Darragh.

i've had NTL broadband for over a year now, about 3 breakdowns in service but they only lasted a couple of hours. Maybe once I had to wait overnight.
Generally ultra reliable.

I'm pretty sure that 'always online' refers to the fact that you do not have to dial a connection, and not that it will never breakdown?

CCOVICH said:
I'm pretty sure that 'always online' refers to the fact that you do not have to dial a connection, and not that it will never breakdown?

Definitely. No one is going to guarantee a cable or phone line or DSL connection being available 100% of the time.

We have NTL Broadband two years now. For the first 18 months or so it was pretty poor at times losing it for hours many times and sometimes even a day or two. Last six months or so it has been fine so hopefully they sorted or at least nearly sorted their "teething" problems!