NTL all three

Frank

Just wondering if anyone has BB TV and Telephone from NTL.

I have looked at there website it is very poor for pricing and info.

Tried contacting them but I might as well of mailed into a black hole.

You'll have to phone them to ask if BB is available in your area. Emailing them is pointless in my recent experience.

Yes, I have BB, TV and telephone from NTL.
NTL are my telephone provider - it's not VOIP it's std telephone and I pay them for calls only. I pay eircom for line rental.
I believe NTL will have VOIP telephone in april when the lines/cables are updated. I shoud be able to drop the land line then.
THe VOIP telephone is available in limited areas at present. NTL issue a new tel no for this service as there is some issue keeping the old phone no. but they hope to have this resolved by april.
They told me all this a few weeks ago when I had issues wioth my BB service.

getoffthepot can you elaborate on "NTL are my telephone provider - it's not VOIP it's std telephone and I pay them for calls only. I pay eircom for line rental."

how is the ntl standard telephone but you are paying eircom for line rental?

my calls go thru ntl. still get bill from eircom. I don't think they offer this sevice to new customers anymore.

getoffthepot can you elaborate on "NTL are my telephone provider - it's not VOIP it's std telephone and I pay them for calls only. I pay eircom for line rental."

how is the ntl standard telephone but you are paying eircom for line rental?
Just like lots of folks do with utv or indeed others. You pay the call charges (for using the phone) to the provider but pay eircom, either directly or through the provider, for the line rental. I'd be interested in your views of the VOIP option with ntl when it does come into being.

I'd be interested in your views of the VOIP option with ntl when it does come into being.
What about the likes of Skype and Blueface which require no ISP involvement (other than them providing the broadband service obviously)?

I use voipbuster for a lot of calls - especialy international. I pay €10 into voipbuster account. calls are fre or 1c per minute.
Thay have a direct call option in the software where you can enter your home number and the destination number. your home phone rings and when u pick up it calls the destination number. This call does not appear on your domestic phone bill. cost is 5c connection fee. stay on as long as you like. Quality is perfect and you use your own phone.

Just like lots of folks do with utv or indeed others. You pay the call charges (for using the phone) to the provider but pay eircom, either directly or through the provider, for the line rental. I'd be interested in your views of the VOIP option with ntl when it does come into being.

Ah ok thanks , I just didn't realise NTL were offering that phone service anymore.

On the subject of Blueface I have started using their 'Blueface Mobile' service - works very well - dial Blueface's landline number from your mobile and then make international calls onward from that connection. So you only pay for the local call on your mobile.

STAY AWAY FROM NTL IF YOU HAVE A CHOICE.

Seriously I've had so many problems with them.

Its initially easier to get all 3 with them but you will have some trouble along the way.

Just my opinion.

I know a mate of mine has digital tv and BB and touch wood no problems.

I would like to have all three without having to pay anything to eircom.

I wonder will sky bring out the BB here? Like they have in the UK.

I've the digital tele and broadband with NTL, blueface for the housephone. Works like a dream over the NTL broadband.

Cost works out at €35 a month for 2mg broadband and 300mins of Ireland and UK calls, and very cheap calls otherwise.

Delighted eircom aren't involved in this house!

Each to there own.

I've made '10' calls to NTL in the last 2 weeks over several problems (all of which are still not sorted).

I waited in Sat afternoon (from 1pm to 6pm) for a technician but no one showed up.

NTL are fine if you have no problems. If you do have problem, God help you trying to get it fixed!

Sorry for being dramatic but I think they're a disgrace.

Back