novice on computer have 2 questions

cappamj

Hi, I have windows vista and just downloaded IE 8.I am having one problem with it... each time I have to type in the web site I want to use as it never remains in the drop down menu... my other question is ... the print is very large and a bit distorted how can I change it back to it's usual size... there are no young people round my area or I would check with them so thanks for any help.

Okay, thanks to you post, I researched the dropdown thingy and found out how to fix it 'hurray'..it was so annoying me!!

This is how to do it..

1.Top of your page click 'Tools'
2.Scroll down to 'Internet options'
3.Click on 'Content'
4.Find 'AutoComplete'
5.Click 'Settings'
6.Tick boxs for 'Address bar' or 'Typed URLs only'/ Browsing History and Favourites.
7.Click 'OK' or 'save'

And that should sort it for you.

thank you so much it works ..any idea how to get the writing back to it's usual size..probably a very stupid and basic question

If you mean the text size on Internet Explorer
1: Click View on the Menu Bar.
2: Click Text Size in the drop down box.
3: Set your prefered size.

The other thing you might want to try if you are only having font problems with particular websites is to click the "compatability view" button (next to the address bar) and see if that fixes the website for you.

The other thing you might want to try if you are only having font problems with particular websites is to click the "compatability view" button (next to the address bar) and see if that fixes the website for you.

thank you I have saved your reply in case I have other site problems