Notice period of one month when I've been only working for one month

Romina

I started a job a month ago they never said how long would be the notice period, but they made me sign a paper saying that they were going to deduct 25% of my wages because of training that I was going to be provided, if I was leaving before 6 months in the company (I'm at entry level), I thought that it was fair giving the fact that I was promised 4 weeks of training.
The thing is I got 2 days of training and then I was put to regular work (they said that they were short of staff), then 3 days ago (I'm one month in the company) they gave me the contract where it says that they will deduct that 25% because of training and I have to give 1 month of notice if I want to leave... Giving everything I've said before I don't think that's fair and for that and other reasons I do not want to stay and work there one more month knowing that they're going to take 25% anyway for something that didn't happened
(I haven't signed the contract yet)

I really need advice for this one

Thank you in advance
Romina

Right Romina, Get out of that company as soon as you can find a job elsewhere. You are being exploited. Forget about the month's notice, you're the victime here.

Agreed - training days are at company cost.

I don't know if such a deduction is legal; but I'd be looking around.

The notice period is irrelevant.

First off ,When I seen you posted And for other Reasons For God Sake Go you will be doing both yourself and the company a favour,

Having said that I Suspect the contract reflects some of the weird Company Union agreements where sometime back in the past people were on 75% for the first 6 months of there Probationary period,somewhere along the way Union or the job market forced a change,

The 25% if you leave before six months in contract may be in there not because they are going to make you pay it back but there is a clause in an agreement somewhere which allowed them to change back to 75% if new system did not work out, so the 25% clause May be a get out of Jail Card if the new at the time changes did not work out
If you and company were/are getting along which reading between the lines ye are not, I would check has anyone in the past had to pay back 25% I would be shocked If the Did,
Just to add in the real world a small company who know there cost base lots are able to tell off the top of there head the cost of training someone at entry level against hiring someone at a higher level ,lots when the talk about training time include on the job training where there was a loss of output in the first months of employment,
Having said all of the above reading your post I see someone who is going to be very successful job wise, find yourself a company that matches your expectations and move on,

Having said that I Suspect the contract reflects some of the weird Company Union agreements where sometime back in the past people were on 75% for the first 6 months of there Probationary period,somewhere along the way Union or the job market forced a change,

1. No union would condone what is going on there.
2. The employer in this case made up the rules.
3. Worse again, the employer has some type of management enforcing the rules.

I would be interested to know in general what kind of company this is. Also, I would like to know the hourly or weekly rate of pay. I bet there is more to this than meets the eye.

Right Romina that's €11.00 - 25% during training i.e €8.25 per hour. This is less than the legal minimum wage.
1, What type of company is it?
2. Was there a 24 hour attendance?
3. Was weekend work i.e. Saturday and Sunday attendance part of this?
4. Do you have to work on Bank Holidays?
5. Did you join a union?
6. Were you informed that you could join a union?
7. What did your contract say?
8. Who made up the workforce e.g. students, non-nationals, Irish people?
9. Who made up the management?
10. How long is the company operating?

they gave me the contract where it says that they will deduct that 25% because of training and I have to give 1 month of notice if I want to leave...
Hi, could you please clarify:
Have they said the deduction will be made only if you leave within 6 months, or are they making the deduction regardless of whether you leave or stay?
Also, are you in a permanent or temporary contract, and is there a probationary period in your contract?

I'd be very surprised if this is enforceable.
Training should be at the employers expense, particularly if it is job specific and not to a recognised standard (FETAC etc).

If you can get a job elsewhere then leave. If they deduct the 25% contact the WRC. Even if this is enforceable they haven't provided the training and so cannot deduct it from your pay.

Back