not the owner but the policy holder

djkat

Hi all hope someone can help

I had a bit of a crash last week, i am the main insurance policy holder with quinn direct, The car is owned by my sister and her husband but they are on thepolicy as named drivers

Am i going to have to pay for the damage myself

thanks

Hi

No the insurance compamy didnt ask me as if they did i would have said it was theirs as i know insurance companies only have to have the smallest mistake to get out of paying

IME, whether you buy online or via a manually completed proposal form, one of the questions asked usually is "Are you the registered owner of the vehicle?".

If you answered "No" to that question, you'd have been asked more questions, like "Who is the registered owner of the vehicle?" and maybe even "Does the registered owner of the vehicle already have insurance?".

So I don't know how you are fixed in the circumstances you outline. If you have valid comprehensive insurance, doubtful I think as it sounds like you have no insurable interest in the vehicle, you may be able to claim on your own policy.

Really you should be getting nothing as you do not own the vehicle.

Did you take the policy out so that they could obtain a cheaper premium ?

Did you take the policy out so that you could avoid some type of tax ?

If the answer to any of these is YES, then you will have to pay for the damage tobe repaired yourself and your policy should be cancelled for non-disclosure.

You do not have insurable interest as noted above, therefore your policy should be cancelled for this reason also.