Not Paid for work

lamai

I did some work for a guy about 6 months ago. Basically 4 weeks work and I payed for the materials myself, He payed my a small amount at the start, but that did only covered just over half of the materials. We did not have a contract. And when the work was finished, he gave me a story about not having money and that he would sort me out. well 6 months later, and he is not answering calls, and making more excuses, and saying he will call me back etc.

What are my options?

What sort of work was it you done. Can you take your work/materials back? Is the work you done in an establishment. I've see people standing outside premisses with hand made signs pionting out the fact that they have not been paid for work/services provided. You'd be suprised how effective this can be what we people wanting to protect their "Good Name/Image".

It was work done on a business and home, some building work. No I cannot take my work or materials back. That is a good idea and I have heard of other doing it, but I don't think I would be prepared to do that.

If he owes you less than €2000 or you would be happy to get €2000, did you consider the small claims court. You can do it yourself without solicitor etc. Not sure if the court would handle a case like that though

If he owes you less than €2000 or you would be happy to get €2000, did you consider the small claims court. You can do it yourself without solicitor etc. Not sure if the court would handle a case like that though

It is just over 2000 that I am owed. At this stage I would accept less than that. As I am out of work at the moment and I could really do with the money. I don't really want to stand in court and give evidence etc.`But I was thinking maybe the threat of court if possible might get him to pay up, as he has a lot of property and serveral business. Maybe a solicitors letter?

Even If I don't get the money it would be nice to see him have to appear in court as the guy made me work for nothing and when I actually speak to him he does not seem to be bothered that he owes me money, basically he got the work done and he thinks that he can do what he likes now.