Not much hot bath water

sabre Man

Our bathtub hot tap only releases a small amount of water even when fully opened, while the cold tap works fine. No other taps in out house exhibits this problem.

Any idea what causes this, and how to correct it?

Sounds like a washer is stuck in the tap, or you have a problem with the spindle. it can be quite tricky to remove the spindle from the main body. make sure the hot water is off, valve in hot press. best of luck

my bathroom sink has a mixer tap and barely any pressure in the water would that be the same problem?

Have a look at this link for info on dismantling taps. http://www.diydata.com/problem/taps/washer_replace.php
There might also be a lime scale build up in the tap. Have a look at the tap where the water comes out, is there a build up of a any kind? if so you can scrape it out with a small blade. Make sure you turn off the water supply before you dismantle a tap.

my bathroom sink has a mixer tap and barely any pressure in the water would that be the same problem?

Maybe, but some taps come from main land europe where pressurised plumbing systems are the norm. the tap would then have restrictors built in, not very suitable for the low pressure, as we have here.

I had the exact same problem about two years ago. Plumber fixed the job. I have a feeling for some reason it was an airlock. He definitely removed the tap, fiddled a bit and it all worked perfectly after that.

It depends it could be the washer or it could be that the hot water tank is your hot press is not much higher than the tap. which would reduce the pressure of water as its not falling from a hight

Maybe, but some taps come from main land europe where pressurised plumbing systems are the norm. the tap would then have restrictors built in, not very suitable for the low pressure, as we have here.
can these restrictors be removed