not all photos transferring from camera to pc

denise1234

Hi all, hopefully someone can help me. Just returned from holidays and trying to download photos from my digital camera (Fuji Finepix A500) onto laptop.
Have finepix viewer installed and when i plug camera in photos come up. However, problem is only some of the pictures are coming up and for some reason its leaving some of them out. Have 2 memory cards with photos, one full and the other with about 15 on it and its doing same with both.
Any tips on what to do? Have had a look at camera manual and from what i can see only tells you how to transfer photos but doesn't say what to do to add more.
Thanks

Hi all, hopefully someone can help me. Just returned from holidays and trying to download photos from my digital camera (Fuji Finepix A500) onto laptop.
Have finepix viewer installed and when i plug camera in photos come up. However, problem is only some of the pictures are coming up and for some reason its leaving some of them out. Have 2 memory cards with photos, one full and the other with about 15 on it and its doing same with both.
Any tips on what to do? Have had a look at camera manual and from what i can see only tells you how to transfer photos but doesn't say what to do to add more.
Thanks

It is possible that smoe of the photos are corrupt - I had this problem recently with a Mini-SD card. If you have a USB [broken link removed] you can copy the photos manually - leaving out any which don't work. (View the photos Explorer first - view by Thumbnails - select all then deselect any whose thumbnail doesn't display - then Copy and Paste.)

i put memory cards into my epson photo printer and every photo comes up but then put it back into camera, connected it to pc and not all showing.

Perhaps when synchronizing the camera with the PC there are filename/id clashes hence the PC is ignoring some of the images? Did you reset the photo ID counter on the camera by any chance? As mentioned above maybe try a memory card reader to access the files directly (assuming the camera doesn't automatically appear as a USB flash drive) if necessary.

It is possible that smoe of the photos are corrupt - I had this problem recently with a Mini-SD card. If you have a USB [broken link removed] you can copy the photos manually - leaving out any which don't work. (View the photos Explorer first - view by Thumbnails - select all then deselect any whose thumbnail doesn't display - then Copy and Paste.)

As above. Forget abotu using the software that came with your camera for moving or syncing.

Connect camera and open File Explorer or My Computer. You will see your camera as a harddrive or device. Double click the device and browse through all the folders and you should see your photos which you can then copy to the desired location.

Connect camera and open File Explorer or My Computer. You will see your camera as a harddrive or device.
Doesn't that depend on the camera? Not all digital cameras will appear as USB hard drives and some will only work via the specific drivers and software supplied?

Did you download any of them to another PC while on holiday ?

Generally the download software defaults to only downloading ones which have not already been marked as downloaded already.

So, for example, if you printed some of them in a shop or copied them to another PC, that would mark them as downloaded. If this is the case there is usually a way to change the default action.

eD

Did you download any of them to another PC while on holiday ?

Generally the download software defaults to only downloading ones which have not already been marked as downloaded already.

So, for example, if you printed some of them in a shop or copied them to another PC, that would mark them as downloaded. If this is the case there is usually a way to change the default action.

eD

No, first i did with them was to try to put them on my own computer. Will try the suggestions above so hopefully some of them will work! If not could i take card to local photo shop and get all photos copied onto a cd there or will same photos be missing?

If not could i take card to local photo shop and get all photos copied onto a cd there or will same photos be missing?
It might be cheaper to buy or borrow a card reader and just try to do this yourself but if the files are readable (and your printer suggests that they are) then the shop should be able to back them up.

It might be cheaper to buy or borrow a card reader and just try to do this yourself but if the files are readable (and your printer suggests that they are) then the shop should be able to back them up.

Got a USB card reader from Ebay and all pictures coming up now! Cheers for the help. :D

Back