Norway anyone?

Its a wonderful country but very expensive. I remember a round of drinks for three costing close to £30 sterling! So, not for anyone who likes a beer.

Traveling on the Hurtigruten ships is a great way to see the coast, stopping off in the towns.

The walking is fabulous also with great hostels.

But it all costs a lot.

mf

I have friends living in Norway. They love it there, but as other poster said, very dear. Another friend went with the hubbie and travelled up to see the Northern Lights, they are looking at going back this year and doing a cruise along the fjords and right up to some place where it's daytime 24 hours in summer. Sounds great.

From what I recall, their summer holiday season is a little earlier with June & July being peak times. August is like September here.

Anyone any tips on Oslo? Looking at doing a city break flying with Ryanair. Aware that its expensive but have done all the other scandanavian capitals and this will be the last

Looking for places to stay eat and things to do etc

Apart from the main sights like the Royal Palace and the Parliament you should rent bikes and head to Oslomarka the big forest that surrounds the city.

I found the Gronland area generally cheaper for eating out although much of it is 'international food' rather than traditional Norwegian still worth a look. Alcohol is painfully expensive! It gave me a bit of perspective on people from cheaper European countries complaining that alcohol is so expensive in Ireland.

If your trying not to break the bank on accommodation too then I would recommend the Comfort Hotel Xpress you can compare it to others on hotelreservation.com It's basic enough, modern more minimalist design rather than luxury but it's clean and central.

Back