Nortons Internet Security 2007

MB05

Just wondering if any of you can help me. I am trying to install Nortons Internet Security 2007 on my PC as my old one (2005) has expired. During the setup I was asked to remove 2 of my current programs (AVG and Spybot) as they we incompatible with Nortons. I know buying Nortons is probably overkill seeing as I had these programs but for peace of mind I bought it anyway (€23 on Ebay).

Do you think it is really necessary to remove these programs as I had no compatibility problems with the old version. I really don't want to remove them if I can avoid it.

While it's usually not safe to have more than one virus or other scanner running simultaneously doing background/on access scanning usually there should be no problems having multiple tools installed with only one doing background scanning at any one time. I wouldn't (don't!) bother with Norton myself because I have generally found it to be too much of a drag on resources and I hate vague errors like the above about alleged incompatibilities. I stick with free (for personal use) tools myself including AGV antivirus and antispyware, Spybot etc. If you insist on using Norton then all I can suggest is that you check their website and do some research on what precisely these alleged incompatibilities are supposed to be about.

Thanks Clubman. I didn't have time to install it until yesterday. In the end I decided to just create a system restore point and risk installing it without removing the other programmes. I had no problems with it thankfully.