Norton Internet Security Help

Bedlam

Went to download the above from Eircom last night and have run into a problem in that the computer seems to be working on something all the time.

When you go into task manager under processes the list of activity appears endless.

I am not very computer literate and I hope the above makes sense to somebody and woul dgretaly appreciate any suggestions as to how you solve this problem.

Thanks

Bedlam

Uninstall it then shred the install disc so you can't reinstall it. Then burn the bits that are left and scattter at sea.

Its a resource hogging nightmare. Install anything else.

Check out the cover CD's on PC mags. Theres usually a decent AV trial on them too. I use the Free AVG myself, and anyones (friends and family) PC I support, fix etc.

I like Kaspersky's antivirus product - I received a free student version during my OU course and I have been using it ever since. It costs about $30 a year (I think) but it doesn't seem to affect my computer's performance one bit, apart from bombing me out from my games if it decides to run an update at that time. It has integrated Internet security, which is always catching dangerous scripts for me. It also has an antivirus warning sound that appears to be the hiss of the creatures from Aliens. It nearly made me jump out of my seat when I first heard it!

It also has an antivirus warning sound that appears to be the hiss of the creatures from Aliens. It nearly made me jump out of my seat when I first heard it!

haha...I use AVG free edition/anti-spyware and zone alarm (all free). Have no problems so far

Hi & Thanks and yes I think I will unistall it as the PC is so slow with Norton running in the background.

Bedlam

That should stop the bedlam!! Sorry I couldn't resist it.