North Strand, Dublin 3

MG01

My girlfriend and I are looking at a house near Leinster Avenue,North Strand, Dublin 3. I'm not from the area and would appreciate any advice/low down on the neighbourhood - is it safe, is the area rising in value etc could a girl walk home at night... There are a few posts about North Strand out there, but I'm not sure they're about this part of it, and would appreciate any info you might have.

Thanks

Hi, I've just bought a house in nth strand and had the same concerns. I haven't completed my purchase yet. Where is Leinster Ave? I'm near the Lets Eat cafe on north strand road (I'm in a cul de sac).

House prices in the area seem to have risen recently and the new development where the old bowler was should help the area. All in all I think there are a lot of new purchasers moving in to the area so it should improve amenities wise at least.

Leinster Avenue is up near Fairview Park end of North Strand Road I believe.

I live not too far from Leinster Ave - that's a very nice road.

Check out this recent thread on the area
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=26328

Myself & my wife regularly walk home from town at night & I'd walk home too but if my wife was on her own at night she'd get a taxi but I think that applies for most parts of town - better to be safe.
Daytime is fine.

Two houses recently came up for sale on Bessbourough (near Cusack's) starting at €600k.
Houses on this street were starting at around €500k earlier this year altough I know they were selling for well over that.

Work is flying along on the North Strand Bowl apartments and so this can only help the area.

The Readi-Mix factory by the Tolka was recenly sold for development too but is will stay as a factory until 2009.

Back