North Brunswick st, Dublin

legallady

Hi guys
Im looking for a 2 bed apartment in the city centre with parking. I have noticed that there are a number of properties on myhome.ie on north Brunswick st that are a good bit cheaper than elsewhere in the city centre. is there a particular reason for this?
thanks a mil

Not that I know of living nearby. There's a homeless hostel down at Morning Star Avenue (near the Church Street end) in case that's something that concerns you.

thanks for that clubman, I would be looking at the stoneybatter end of the street. Im just baffled that the prices are a good 20k less than elsewhere

My main problem with Brunswick St is that it's basically all apartment/flat land and has no real community feel to it like most of the surrounding area. Just feels a bit soulless when wandering through. Mind you it's an improvement on the deriliction of past years I suppose... Dead central though.

Im going to have a walk around there tomorrow just to see what its like, and if theres an obvious reason for the lower prices.
Im getting really sick of the property search :(

ha ha ha, no cash only some boring probate books im afraid.

could I ask what north king st is like?

The area is fine. It's not posh and there's a large immigrant community, I'd imagine that's why it's a bit cheaper. But it's central, there's plenty of stuff around, it's as safe as anywhere else. I would go for it.

Good Indian takeaway on N. King Street.

To be honest I would not recommend it. I rented in those apartments for a number of years...we were broken into, the place was damp and a lot of undesireables were always hanging around..
A lot of the apartments are rented out and I would say that few are owner occupied so to me that would be a problem...

I think the transient nature of the population in apartments in the two streets is probably the main potential problem. I'd imagine that (like a lot of mainly rented apartment blocks) a lot of break ins might be due to people just leaving doors open and not really caring too much about security etc. That's the sort of thing that I mean about there not being any obvious community feel to that part of the general area. Other residential areas (e.g. in and around Manor Street, Oxmantown Road and the surrounding warren of streets, Arbour Hill etc.) have more of a community feel to them if you know what I mean and people tend to look out for others and keep an eye on things a bit more in my opinion. If you can find an apartment block with a good number of owner occupiers who are actively involved in the management company and/or residents committee then that might be a good idea?

Back