Non-standard fitted sheets

chispa

Hi there,

We bought a bed & mattress in Ikea recently, and while they're absolutely great, we desperately need fitted sheets now. The mattress is a European king size, and it sinks into the bed, making it really tricky to tuck normal sheets under at the corners.... I'm waking up every morning with crumpled sheets around my toes.

Any thoughts on where I can get fitted sheets in Dublin/ online for a bed with dimensions 160cm x 200 cm x 28cm?

Thanks

The only company I know is ones that actually make the sheets, they may be able to assist.
http://www.northernfeather.ie

The ikea sizes are not the normal sizes used in the UK and Ireland.
A lot of people have bought beds in Ikea to find out that the mattress is a different (European) size. they can still be got here though you choice can be restricted.

thanks,
Richard
www.furniture.ie

Don't Habitat (which is related to IKEA) stock those sizes - i've a vauge (and possible incorrect idea ) that they do.

Alternatively just get a large flat sheet and tuck it under the mattress the old fashioned way

Habitat do european sized fitted sheets - so do Brown Thomas (at a slight premium..!)

I also had this problem when I bought an Ikea bed. Habitat do stock European sizes and are having a sale at the moment, there might be some bargains if you get there quick enough! (Someone told me that Habitat is actually owned by Ikea!)

HelloJed said:
(Someone told me that Habitat is actually owned by Ikea!)

It is (sort of) true ... they have the same parent company (a "charitable" foundation of the Kamprad family - the family that founded IKEA - intersting story in the Economist about it recently questioning how "charitable" / unstransparent it was.)

Back