Non Availability Of Broadband

innis

can anyone throw any light on eircoms braoadband pokicy, my mother who lives in sligo recived a postcard to say that she could apply for broadband as the local cliffoney exchange is broadband enabled. I live behind my mothers house approx 75 yards away ( just off the main road )and i have checked with eircom who tell me that my line fails the broadband test. Eircom coudl not tell me why my mother coudl get broadband as could my other neighbour but i couldnt and all she could do was register my interest which i had already done six months ago. I pushed her for a name or a department but no joy might as well be taling to a robot .So there is no body in eircom that i can contact to see why i can not get broadband or to see if there is any way to resolve the issue. This is very frustarating to see the service going past your front door and not be in aposition to connect to it. Some customer service .Eircom should be closed down they are a joke.

There have been anomalies like this up and down the country - one line passes but next door doesnt.

Do you have any extra equipment plugged into the line? ie. phonewatch, etc - this can result in line failure. You can try for another line test - making sure all equipment is plugged out during the test.

Post over on the 'broadband' or 'irelandoffline' sections of boards.ie - the folks there will be able to provide more info.

If you fail to get a pass for your own line ultimately, you could have it installed in your mothers house and run network cable to your own house.

no i dont have any extra facilities plugged in , we have sky tv but the phone sectio of it is nver plugged in .

Is this a query or a rant?

Why not look for broadband from one of the other companies offering BB - try getbroadband.ie you have a choice from Magnet, Perlico, imagine, Irish broadband, Ice and more.

Is this a query or a rant?

Why not look for broadband from one of the other companies offering BB - try getbroadband.ie you have a choice from Magnet, Perlico, imagine, Irish broadband, Ice and more.
Your joking right?

well actually it is a rant, i am entitled to rant , would you be annoyed if both of your neighbours could access a service and you could not and no body from the providing company could give an explanation as to why the service is unavailable to you.

Back