Non appearance in family court

DADOF3

Hi all, would appreciate any input you have about the situation im in. I missed a date for court in Dolphin House in January during the snowstorm. I live in Wexford so couldnt possibly make it. Now i have been informed a warrant has been issued for my arrest and i may be remanded in court until another date is set.

Did you make any effort to contact the Court to explain why you would not be there?

If no, ask yourself what it looks like? Two fingers to the Court? Or , if you were in genuine trouble, indifference as to what would happen in the case?

Follow that up now. Write and apologise. Find out what is happening. Try and resolve it before it all hits the fan.

mf

If you had made some effort to inform the court you would probably have been o.k. under the circumstances. However the situation is retrievable. Contact the Court Clerk for the court by telephone and establish the position as regards a warrant. Keep a record of this call. See if you can get the case listed soon and if a warrant has been issued check with the local Gardai whose job it would be to execute the warrant. They would likely agree to meet you outside the court by appointment and then get the case called by the clerk. Be prepared to apologise to the Judge and have this in a written format. Judges take a very dim view of anyone they think is showing them contempt.

Good luck

Back