Nominating somebody

faolteam

If I nominated Nate somebody with my credit union account when I die , di they Inherit this money or does a Will have final say , when I wrote a will I left my estate to my nephew's nieces didn't realize it was my money too thought was just property , be interested to hear ur views on this
Thanks

If you have shares (money) in a CU account you may nominate a person or persons to receive that money outside of your will up to €27,000.

If there's more ithan that it cannot be released until probate is granted. The excess will need to be dealt with in your will.

If I have Two people on it is 27,000 only released ?

And can they keep this or is it just an easier access to the money

Sorry Clubman ,
I have a will written and it says my estate been left to nephew's And nieces but I didn't realize that was my savings as well, but then I remembered my two sisters were nominated, so l was wondering then that they get money from my credit union because there nominated

Sorry Clubman ,
I have a will written and it says my estate been left to nephew's And nieces but I didn't realize that was my savings as well, but then I remembered my two sisters were nominated, so l was wondering then that they get money from my credit union because there nominated
Sorry, I don't really understand you post.

Sorry Clubman ,
My understanding - based on the link below - is, for the purposes of your will, the nominated account sits separate from your estate. As long as your nominated individual doesn't die before you .

I think the same as skrooge. But I think the balance in your credit union account is still declared for probate even though it's not part of the estate for inheritance purposes.

Back