Nominating somebody on credit union account

faolteam

If I nominated Nate somebody with my credit union account when I die , di they Inherit this money or does a Will have final say , when I wrote a will I left my estate to my nephew's nieces didn't realize it was my money too thought was just property , be interested to hear ur views on this
Thanks

If you have shares (money) in a CU account you may nominate a person or persons to receive that money outside of your will up to €27,000.

If there's more ithan that it cannot be released until probate is granted. The excess will need to be dealt with in your will.

If I have Two people on it is 27,000 only released ?

And can they keep this or is it just an easier access to the money

Sorry Clubman ,
I have a will written and it says my estate been left to nephew's And nieces but I didn't realize that was my savings as well, but then I remembered my two sisters were nominated, so l was wondering then that they get money from my credit union because there nominated

Sorry, I don't really understand you post.

My understanding - based on the link below - is, for the purposes of your will, the nominated account sits separate from your estate. As long as your nominated individual doesn't die before you .

I think the same as skrooge. But I think the balance in your credit union account is still declared for probate even though it's not part of the estate for inheritance purposes.

The 27,000 can be withdrawn from the CU without having to wait on probate. So by the time probate is granted, the 27,000 no longer arises for consideration. Assuming it’s already been withdrawn, it no longer forms part of the estate to be distributed.