Nolan Kitchens - matching colour

SARAHPMAN

I am trying to match a colour from a kitchen put in by nolans.
i am looking for a sheet or two or three of a cherry veneer but nolans wont sell their sheets separately

i tried being cheeky and asking where they got their sheets from but no luck.

any ideas where i could look for a match?

thanks

Sarah

You could try Woodworkers in Terenure/Harolds Cross: [broken link removed] If they dont have it they may be able to get it.

Try Springhill Kitchens - www.springhill.ie - who supply kitchens to Nolans.

Nolans don't seem to be much about satisfying customers' needs. I asked them for a quote recently, sent them a fax with exact requirements. They completely misunderstood it, then, having said granite was out of my budget (I need 9 metres of worktop), a guy on the phone kept telling me that glossy melamine worktops were a waste of money. I told him I've had one for over 3 years and it still looks like new but he insisted on telling me about his bad experiences. Hate it when salespeople don't listen!

Anyhow, rant over, hope Springhill can help you.

You should be able to buy sheets of raw cherry veneer pretty easily, getting it finished to match your colour will be difficult. Also remember that if you match "new" cherry to your current colour it will mellow quite a lot in the first couple of months. It will be pretty tricky to get that balance right.

thanks for your response guys.

got a sample from nolans and it matches perfectly.
just won't sell a few sheets.
"we don't have any interest in small jobs"

they want to do the job and charge a fortune.

i will try those places you mentioned.

thanks again.
as always everyone is a great help.
Sarah