Nokia N97, no text notification

pcocp

Hi all,

i got the new nokia n97 recently, but one problem. When I receive a text message, I get no notification at all......

I mean, no on screen notification (the usual '1 new message' that appears) and no message ringtone at all.

The profile is not set to silent, it's on general and rings as normal for calls.

So, in order to check messages I have to actually go in to messages, then inbox to see if I have any new messages.

I've been through the all the settings I can find, but can't sort this out.

Anyone any suggestions. I'm at a complete loss at this stage....

Thanks.
PCOCP.

I have no problems with mine on Vodafone. Is it the same on all profiles or just silent?
One workaround would be to goto Ovi Store & install a free application called SMS preview. This puts a preview of any SMS recieved on the home screen.

Try to select another message alter tone under Settings > General > Personalisation > Tones > Message Alter Tone.

there is no profile on mine called 'vodafone' (Is that what you mean when you say 'on vodafone' ?)

I did buy it on upgrade from a vodafone store.

Yes same on all profiles.

I'm stumped.....

there is no profile on mine called 'vodafone' (Is that what you mean when you say 'on vodafone' ?)

I did buy it on upgrade from a vodafone store.

Yes same on all profiles.

I'm stumped.....
No I just ment I was on Vodafone Network

If you dont have too much set up on it try a factory default.
Failing that try update the software via OVI Suite.

ok, tried that factory default and it worked, after turning it off and on again.

was reading on a nokia forum that this is a known problem.

thanks for the help.

PCOCP.

Back