Nokia N97/5530 & Email

tosullivan

I'm thinking of getting a Nokia N97 or 5530. Does anyone know is it easy enough to set up email on these phones? I have an ireland.com email account and a work email account using Outlook. Can either if not both of these come through the phone and does it cost extra to use that facility?

No issue with mail on N97 mini, which is just a smaller version of N97 (And has slightly less memory built in). I've an exchange account and two other personal accounts working on mine no problem. There is a wizard on the homescreen that allows you set them up, very easy really.

does it cost to have emails sent to/from the phone?

Normal data charges - if you're on a contract you may have a certain amount of data included, or you can purchase an add-on to your plan. If you're prepay you'll have to depend on the phone companies data charges. I'm on Vodafone prepay with an N95 and check my e-mail 2-3 times a day and do some light browsing (News websites - mobile versions) and my data never costs more than couple of quid a month.

Check if the N97 has the free voice sat-nav Nokia announced recently. Certain models do, but I'm not sure about the N97 (mine doesn't)

does it cost to have emails sent to/from the phone?

Yes, but it depends on what package/operator your with - I have an amount of data built into my monthly charge, including minutes and texts. I'm pretty sure all operators now have a data or email add-on that you can get which would make sure it would be a fixed cost per month to run.