Nokia 6230 & Nokia PC Suite

BlueSpud

I have just begun using this and can get almost all of the functionality working, except that I am not able to browse my contacts via the pc. I can browse my text messages, I can synch my contacts with outlook and I can backup my fone, but I cant browse contacts. It is as if explorer thinks the contacts folder is empty. Any one come accross this before? I am using the fone address book (as distinct from the sim-card address book). Nokia PC Suite is version 6.70.22.

I have my 6230 connected to my old laptop, I'll have a look at it later

Added Mrs BlueSpud's fone last nite, a Nokia 6021, and the contacts came up fine. Weird or what.

hmm, i've had awful trouble with my 6230 and the supplied nokia software. basically i gave up on it as it would only work once. upon restarting the software it wouldn't work! Ended up getting a usb bluetooth adapter for ~€12 which allows you to send/receive info from phone/pc vice versa - very handy although i still cant figure out how to access the contact. if anybody knows then please post here.

Sorru baout the delay Spud,

Since I got a new laptop I have been holding off on installing too much software

Couldn't find the cd that came with phone but went onto nokia website and downloaded latest version of pc suite of 6230
I am using the same version as you
I can see my contacts under the memory card folder
I can open it and add, change or delete any of the conatacts

You should be able but I am not sure about settings
I ahd a quick look on the halp section of pc suite and it states that yiou can only see contats on phone and not on sim

Are you sure you are working off memory card

stuart@buyingtolet.ie

stuart, are you using bluetooth or a cable to communicate with the phone??

I store my contacts on the phone (which caters for home/mobile/work against a single name).

Hi everyone

I'm trying to use my 6230i with my Compaq/HP nx6310 laptop. They connect via Bluetooth and I can synchronise my contacts, browse the multi-media folders ont he phone etc. using PC Suite. However, I cannot seem to install the 6230i as a modem so that I can use the phone to go online with the laptop.

When I go to Add New Modem in Control Panel, I can find the 6230i Bluetooth modem driver but in the next step it asks me to select the port to install it on and there are no ports available in the list. There is an "All Ports" radio button but this is greyed out so I can't choose it.

There is an inbuilt modem which works fine connecting to the net with a usual phoneline and I have a network running away fine too, so there doesn't seem to be any major problem.

Has anyone any idea where the ports are? Are they hidden or something?

Rebecca

PS Have already downloaded the latest version of PC suite.

Actually fixed this myself now after about 5 days of fluting around.

Eventhough the Nokia Bluetooth works away fine, to install a bluetooth modem (or possibly other bluetooth stuff), you need to activate the Bluetooth Configuration in XP's control panel. This will generate the COM port you need to install the modem and off you go.

Modem is still not connecting yet mind you, but at least it's installed.
Rebecca

Just in case this is any help to anyone else;

I got the net connected on the laptop using the mobile last night. Once the modem is installed as above, the best route to take is to go to "My Bluetooth Places" in XP and configure it from there and when you want to use the internet, do it whatever way you normally do (e.g. through Internet Explorer, Send and Receive). Or in other words, don't bother with Nokia's PC Suite for net related activities because even now when I know I can connect to the net, PC Suite won't.

Rebecca