Noisy American Fridge

johns75

Hi,

Has anyone got an LG American fridge with ice maker? I bought one recently and set it up. When i turned it on it was very noisy, i assumed once it reached its desired temp it would calm down which it did but as soon as i opened and closed the door it kicked in again. Its so noisy you can't hang around the kitchen. Any advise?

Had the same queries myself with a Whirlpool.

On research, it appears that these systems have one or more circulation fans, which kick in independent of the compressor, to balance the temp internally.

I have a fridge which automatically deices itself apparently and that's why it's noisy all the time. I tried leveling it and it is still noisy.

brendan

Ye, tried levelling it but its still really noisy. I realise they may be louder than a regular fridge but you couldn't sit in a room with this racket and our kitchen and dining room are open plan so its really annoying.

These circulation fans! How long do yours keep going for? If it were just a few minutes i could handle it but ours goes for hours. Not sure if ours has a de-icer. Would yours drive you out of the room? (it kinda sounds like someone drilling next door ye know?)

I have a Siemens with ice/water in an open plan house and it's nothing like what you describe. A Google search for LG noise levels came up with 41dB for LG and 47dB for the Siemens. I had a problem with the ice production - I left the door open and the ice cubes partially melted and joined up as one big clump which caused an awful racket. I removed this and problem solved. If this doesn't sort it for you I'd suggest calling LG as it's under warranty.

Our one humms for about 70% of the time, but by no means to unbearable levels. This is all secondhand info, as I leave the kitchen to herself. Actually, the last time I was in there was just to be sure that her request for finance for a new fridge was justified.

Thanks Guys, I just wanted to be sure this was not the norm before i called the support centre to be made a fool of by some smart ass teckie who is bound to try and convince me its perfectly acceptable.