Noise pollution legislation - leaf blowers

Markjbloggs

Is there anything in Gormleys' upcoming noise pollution legislation to limit the use of leaf blowers? A couple of guys have been messing around with blowers outside my office since mid-morning and it is wrecking my head.

These things are a serious nuisance to everyone except the user (it's not real work, now, is it?) and I would welcome being able to make a phone call to get these guys stopped.

The ones in use in my area are used to blow the leaves from the area outside one neighbours house to the area outside the next door neighbours house. Whatever happened to the good old brush anyhow?

It might be annoying in the short term, but it wouldn't be a nuisance, certainly not a serious nuisance.

It's during working hours, so that's pretty much tough, plus it's temporary and doesn't occur daily. So again, not much you can do.

Sometimes work has to be done and sometimes it makes a bit of noise and sometimes we just have to get on with our lives and wonder if there aren't one or two more things to get worked up about.

As the daughter of a landscape gardener i'd say that it is real work! And a blower is the best way to clear a large area of leaves/grass. I think my dad's customers would be pretty peeved if he used a rake instead and took twice as long and billed them accordingly! And you really can't use a brush to clear a large area of grass!
As another poster said it's during work hours so what can you do about that, my office is right beside the Luas tracks but you get used to the noise and there isn;t really any way around noise during the day. Just be glad you don't work beside a building site or road works.

Thanks for the replies, folks. A bit more peaceful here today. Some food for thought on the leaf blower subject from accross the pond -

Back