Noise Pollution and Legally Enforceable Action

One

If people are driving (assume that they are within the speed limit) past my house, but are causing a lot of noise (due to either quick acceleration or strange exhaust pipes or sounding the horn) between the hours of 10pm to 4am at weekends, is there any legal course of action that I can take? I know I can always make a complaint to the Gardai about this, but can they take any action? When does noise become legally recognized as being too noisy?

Road Traffic (Construction, Equipment and Use of Vehicles) Regulations, 1963 (S.I. No. 190 of 1963)
Articles 29 and 85 of these regulations provide for controls on vehicles so as not to cause excessive noise when in use.

What

Whatever you decide to do I'm sure you'd have a wholoe posse of people behind you! I've become borderline manic re little boy racers etc and their "little" cars with the"go fast" stripes and the "boom boom" music and........................God stop me because I'll never stop!

Thanks for that Mers1. I have read those articles and will try to take the matter further.

Back