Noise - neighbour - nuisance

Note that some power showers are extremely noisy, and if it was on the other side of her bedroom wall and you were showering at odd times, could have a serious on-going negative impact on her life.
I'd suggest for neighbourly harmony that you would think of placing it on another wall (not directly onto her bedroom).

I'd say install it where you like- you don't need planning permission for such work internally, why would you need your neighbours blessing?

Why deliberately try to annoy someone?

If it's all the same to you which wall it goes on, why not choose the one which has less impact on others..

Sound proofing in new builds seems to be very bad in my experience and I can hear my next door neighbours shower and extractor fan. Very annoying. We had no choice on where to locate our electric showers but if we did I would most cetainly choose an option which would have the least impact on neighbours.

If you sound insulate the en-suite it'll cut down immensely on the noise.

I took down my bathroom walls (Plaster board) put acoustic batts from

[broken link removed]

and put back on the plaster board and tiled over it.

The sound reduction was great.

Most electric showere are on hollow plasterboard walls which act to amplify an already noisy shower.

The triton shower I have is much quieter now.

Moy also do a product called calibel which seems to be promising.

No connection with the company.

If you can hear them they can hear you, so it works both ways i think. If the option to have a shower placed where the sound is minimialized then it suits both parties!

Back